Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome to the Barefoot Herbalist!

I originally started this blog on Wordpress, but never really felt as happy with their format as I do with Blogger. Actually, this blog goes back further than that. My passion for herbs started years ago when I first read the book 'The Clan of the Cave Bear' by Jean M. Auel. It is a wonderful story that revolves around a prehistoric orphan. Central to her life is her love of herbal medicine. Ever since then I have had a passion for herbal lore and healing.

This blog started about 7 years ago when I planted out my new herb garden. Except it wasn't a blog back then. It was an old school folder filled with handwritten sheets. I used it to collaborate my herb collection with my book collection. It was a central place to go to find information on my garden.

Years after that I started to publish the herbs sheets to the Australian Pagans group on Yahoo after an interest in herbs was noted through the discussions. Very occasionally I still post there. Then I created my own forum which was to be used as a garden diary (mainly for myself). This forum developed into my first blog The Barefoot Gardener. Some of it even ended up in my second blog The Barefoot Cookbook. Earlier this year I rewrote one herb sheet and sent it off to Living Now magazine, where it was published along with another article on Suburban Sustainability in their sister magazine, Dare to Dream.

So here now, is the original herb sheets, in a new format. Enjoy!

No comments: